EndeavourOS-Rules for Telegram and Reddit:
- Keep it civil:
Please treat this subreddit/Telegram group with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge, and interests through ongoing conversation.
2. Improve the Discussion:
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
3. Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree:
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
4. Your Participation Counts:
The conversations we have here set the tone for every new arrival. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this subreddit an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Let’s leave our community better than we found it.
5. If You See a Problem, Report It:
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Bring it to the notice of the mods or Telegram admins. You may also press the ‘Report’ button on our subreddit to report posts that go against the Reddit Content Policy.
6. Always be Friendly:
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Avoid polarizing content. We have a diverse member base spanning many geographies and cultures so please do not post content related to politics, religion or other controversial subjects.
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
7. Helping others on issues with EndeavourOS has priority over chit-chat:
We do like to have conversations and discussions about stuff not directly related to the OS itself or Linux in general.
This lets us get to know each other better and keeps users active and entertained, so it’s just fun to be logged in.
It is desirable that we exchange information on all possible topics, but if a user comes with a problem, the help on the user’s issue has priority and all chit-chat must be put back.Connect with us: